In 2019 I decided to write short stories. The goal was to submit them. I was successful with some of them – which was not my main goal – and now I really like producing short stories. They are less work then my still unfinished novels…
Now I want to compose my very own short story collection, using the theme of… strawberries (what a surprise, right?).
The plotting has happened in the blog posts linked below. Next step is to write them all, revise them, finish them and enter the scarry world of self publishing. That’s the plan.
I’m sure to make some discoveries on my way and I will document them right here, at the original strawberry field, where all the story ideas sprouted.
- Plot a Short Story with ABDCEAction, Background, Development, Climax, Ending, this short story formula feels as easy as crossing things off a checklist.
- Plot a Short Story with the Pulp Fiction FormulaEven when you are not writing pulp fiction detective short stories, this formula might be worth trying. You can’t be more action packed than this.
- Plot a Short Story with the Hero’s JourneyDespite the hero’s journey being the blood an bones of most stories – on purpose or without – you might want to get familiar with it nonetheless.
- Plot a Short Story with the 3 Act Story StructureThe 3 act structure is everywhere, so here is my turn on it – for short stories.
- Plot a Short Story with KishōtenketsuThe story structure without conflict is by no means without conflict, but worth giving it a try. Show your premise and throw a twist into the everyday life.